- First decide if you are serious about reselling or do you just want things for yourself?
- You'll need plenty of storage space in either case because if you persist in this pastime you'll find
a ton of stuff... All free for the taking!!!
- Transportation... it must be reliable. You could lose a lot if you have to pay to tow your "catch" back home.
- Routes... start out around your immediate area. Expand as you develop the "Junker's Conscience".
- Timing... Fit it into your daily schedule. Keep it a hobby until you become more experienced.
- Planning... Do some homework. Find out when and where things are going out for the garbage trucks.
- Hauling... Be careful lifting. Vans are nice if they're set-up right. Pick-ups too. Or even your trunk and the cartop. Learn how to pack stuff... carefully, and safely.
- Cleaning... Always clean everything with water and rag first. Learn how to scrape off paint specks with a pocket knife. Many things (you'll surely find out) will need repairs; light sanding, replacing knobs, hinges, replacing parts, painting, staining, varnishing etc. This is where the fun really is... be creative! SEE THE: Repair Studio
- Resale... Presto!... It's like "MAGIC". Name your price and go to town!
- Pricing... You'll take this advice: "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" and "Half a loaf is better than none at all" ...Best Of Luck To You!
- Advertising... If you REALLY want to make a "big go of it" and I STRONGLY Recommend this for all amatures... You need to build a Website about your Junking and then... simply advertise it at your local ONLINE Classified Website (I recommend Craigslist in your city)... For more info on building your website etc. (building it the CORRECT Way that is) please goto my TeachWebDesign.Com Website