- Be sure to use a "Paintable" type Caulk, like Sherwin Williams non-silicon 25yr durable
- Cut the tip of the caulk tube at about 45° and open the hole to about 1/8in diameter...
for wider cracks open the hole wider
- Puncture the inner seal with a long nail or coat hanger
- Install into gun
- Use TWO hands. Press trigger and drag the tip along the crack towards you.
Keep the gun at about 45° to the surface... when finished press the "Spring Release Lever"
to stop the pressure on the Caulk and stop it from "oozing out" the tip end
- Smooth out the bead with your finger if necessary. Be CAREFUL not to cut your finger on
- Keep a rag in the hand at the tip end and wipe the tip after every drag
- When finished insert a nail or piece of coat hanger into the tip to keep it from drying out
- A nicely caulked edge along woodwork gives an easy line to "cut" to...
Painting is best accomplished by doing things "systematically" in order... as we indicate in
our lessons! [read all the tips]
Copyright © 1998-2013 Paintahouse®All Rights Reserved
indicates video on page