- Spackle: Use Sherwin Williams water-base...buy qts
- Caulking: Use Sherwin Williams, non-silicon, 25yr
- Use ONLY Sherwin-Williams paint: Classic 99 (flat,satin,semi) for interior work...A-100
(satin,gloss) for exterior work...buy gallons ... See
Paints & Finishes for more info...
- Putty (Window Glaze Compound): Use S-W oil-base... buy qts
- Spackling Compound or Plaster of Paris (for solidifying Putty or Patching Larger Areas): Use S-W... buy 1# size bags
De-Natured Alcohol: for cleaning-up dried acrylic paint and stain seal
- Lacquer Thinner: used for cleaning grease
- Paint Thinner: only needed if using oil-base paint (STICK WITH ACRYLICS)
- TSP Cleaner: Soilax, Dirtex
- Primer-Stain Seal: use only "pigmented shellac" (DO NOT USE WATER-BASE STAIN SEAL)...
See Paints & Finishes for more info...
How Much Paint Is Required?
- For a typical bedroom (12ft x 15ft) applying one heavy coat (recommended)... the ceiling
will take about 1/2 gallon, and the four walls will take about 1½ to 2 gallons of
- For a typical bedroom closet (double door non-walk-in type) you'll need about ½ gallon...
- A typical full bath will require about 1 to 1½ gallon...
- Half baths take about ½ gallon...
- A typical full sized living room plus hallway (leading to bedrooms) will require about
three to four gallons for ceilings and walls...
- You can continue to make quantity requirements for other rooms and applications based on these suggestions...
- You may also use our handy Paint Calculator
indicates video on page